Monday, June 23, 2003

Her First Time In A Bar - Sort Of

This afternoon Keisha and I went out on a date - again. And we went to a bar! Well, sort of:

She is, after all, only almost 6 years old.

Over the weekend, Jennie collected a bunch of clothes - mostly mine - to donate to Goodwill. So today, we had to drop off the clothes to make room in our 1997 Honda Civic sedan. I was going to take them to the main Goodwill office here in Dayton, but then, I remembered another location.

So Keisha and I went to this other location and dropped off the clothes, which I'll say, were worth a bucketload of money for next year's income tax return ("bucketload" is an inexact measurement, dontcha think?).

Then, we drove across the street to the Professional Bartending Institute, where I had my mixology classes. I showed Keisha the bar area, which is stocked with all the bottles, containing water, food coloring, and other non-alcoholic stuff. I think Keisha was more impressed with the "Necessary Room," the name the school calls the unisex restroom for men and women. "The toilet water's blue!" she chuckled. "And it's all just my size!"

So that was her first time in a bar. Sort of.

No comments: