Saturday, December 10, 2005

Food and Fluids

Mood: slightly better
Listening to: the sound of our radiator, generating heat for our apartment
Eating: orange, peanut butter sandwich, and a Maker's Mark Hot Toddy


Did you catch that? I'm supposed to keep myself fluidized, and I hadn't eaten in awhile. Jennie called about 20 minutes ago and urged me to eat something and make some tea:

So I got the hot water going and poured about an ounce or so of Maker's Mark whiskey (I know it's a bad way to use such a good product, but it's my sickness, so I'll deal with it just fine). We had some crystallized lemon and some Xylitol, which I added to the mixture, once the hot water had been poured and the tea bag was steeping.

While waiting for tea kettle to heat up, I peeled myself and orange and ate it. Mmm. Good.

Then I made myself a sandwich with Jif peanut butter, because choosy-dudes-with-chest-colds-who-are-hungry choose Jif. Okay, it was the only peanut butter we had around.

(sips Hot Toddy)

Mmmm... nice and warm going down.

By the way, I haven't been outside since the Santa sighting, which was a day and a half ago.

No comments: