Thursday, October 27, 2005

New Podcast-Only Feed Available

Hey there, folks!

You may remember reading from two weeks ago that I was having trouble with the RSS feed that makes the podcast episodes available via iTunes, iPodder Lemon, and the other podcatchers ("Tweaking the RSS Feed", "The Irony of It All"). I've noticed, over the past couple of days, that fewer and fewer episodes have been showing up in iPodder Lemon, for example, and while I've tweaked the RSS feed some more, I think I'm finally understanding what's going on:

JIMM Background

This website started off as a blog in January 2002, but more recently - July 2002, it's started having audio posts and then longer podcast episodes. As you can tell from this very post, as well as others, I'm still blogging at this website.

Quirkiness of the RSS Feed
When Feedburner creates the RSS feed for this blog, it captures both podcast and non-podcast posts. That's maybe why I'm only seeing a few episodes show up in iPodder.

Observing Other Podcasters

I've noticed that other podcasters to whom I listen each have a single site devoted just for their podcasts. I've also noticed that more of their episodes are showing up in iPodder.

Hence, the New Podcast Site

So that's what I've decided to do. I've created a podcast-only site for the Journey Inside My Mind podcast. This site contains only podcast posts. Here is the vital information:
Name: Journey Inside My Mind Podcast
URL: http://jimmpodcast.blogspot.com
RSS Feed URL: http://feeds.feedburner.com/JIMMPodcast
Update your Podcatching Software

I will still keep the feed for this blog enabled, so that you can use it in your newsreaders, Bloglines, My Yahoo!, and so forth, but I'm going to begin phasing out posting podcast episodes here and direct you to subscribe and start listening via the new one.

No comments: