Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Driving Podsafely

Mood: not quite as down as earlier today; pretty positive, actually
Listening to: podcasts and music from the Podsafe Music Network
Reading: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis
Eating: pork steak, sauerkraut with potatoes, water


Tonight after dinner Keisha and I drove up to the hhgregg store to look at some personal audio and electronic items. Earlier today, I was browsing their website, along with some others, for a better media player. I've also been in the market for a car stereo cassette adapter, so that I wouldn't have to wear headphones while listening to podcasts and podsafe music driving to and from work.

I priced some of their portable media players and bought one of those adapters. When we got home, I read another chapter of The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe to Keisha before tucking her in bed.

Jennie had woken up to go to work, and I decided to fill up my 64 MB Novad media player with some podsafe tunes, some podcast promos, a short podcast from a local FM station, some JIMM sweepers used in making the JIMM podcast, and JIMM 10 - 'Getting Real' (Jennie), which she and I did together at the beginning of September. It wound up being about an hour and a half's worth of music, that she could listen to on the way to work and as she works tonight.

As Jennie finished getting ready, I went to our car to test out the adapter with the media player. It sounded pretty good. I almost regret that I'll be working from home tomorrow and Thursday and not have the opportunity to listen during my hour-long commute.

No comments: