Sunday, October 23, 2005

God Answers Prayer

Mood: caffeinated
Listening to: Some podsafe instrumental music
Eating: breakfast


A little bit of French:

Bon matin! Il pleut et il fait un peu froid. Nous preparon aller a l'eglise.

A long time ago, when I had just graduated from college (11 years ago, ha!), but even before that, in 1991, I met James H. After college, I didn't immediately have a job, and I needed a place to stay. He let me room at his apartment and eat his food. He and I both became Christians about the same time.

This afternoon he's marrying the love of his life, Julie, right down the street from where we live. Over the past month he travelled to the Ukraine to get her. See, he met her online some time ago, and had spent time over there with her. When we moved back to Cincinnati last March, he mentioned that he was engaged.

I am so glad for him. I remember eating lunch with him about five years ago, and he asked me to pray that he'd get a girlfriend. Wow. God does answer prayer. Maybe not in our timing - well, usually not in our timing.

No comments: