Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Keisha's Note

Mood: Upbeat
Listening to: soundtrack to "Hitch"
Reading: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Eating: homemade chili


Jennie, Keisha, and I went to the library this evening. We needed to return the numerous videos, DVDs, CDs, and books we'd checked out. Keisha brought her Arthur stationery that she'd gotten from Wendy's awhile back.

As we were preparing to check out, Keisha wrote something on a piece of stationery. We walked up to the checkout counter, and Keisha handed the paper to the librarian, but I intercepted it.

Despite her demands to the contrary, I opened it and read what was inside. Afterward, I put it back in the envelope and gave it to the librarian. It read (her spelling):

To: Libary
From: Keisha

Thank you for helping us.

Love,
Keisha
I did not feel right about her giving the librarians, who we do not know that well (i.e., strangers) a note without my knowing what it said, even though it was harmless and quite encouraging.

No comments: