Sunday, July 10, 2005

Fahrenheit 9/11 - Finally Saw It

I just finished watching the DVD of "Fahrenheit 9/11". I am very upset by what I saw and feel the need to dig a little deeper about it. I feel outrage and anger:

I've had to pray. I realize that what's going in this country and its foreign policy and the power its leaders have is beyond me. I am grateful to live in this country witht the freedoms I enjoy, and I support our troops serving overseas. I just wish this whole mess that we are in could be over. Wishful thinking, longing for the pre-9/11 times a little.

God, I pray for justice. You alone know what is right, and you have seen to it that the authorities that exist are there because you want them to be. Please reveal your will as you see fit, and help us to surrender to it. Amen.

No comments: