Saturday, July 16, 2005

Guitar and Kong Ball

Mood: anticipatory
Listening to: "Hitch" soundtrack
Reading: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Eating: Chips
Watching: Othello


(links to come later)

Guitar

Keisha has wanted a guitar for her birthday for quite some time. A few weeks ago, while grocery shopping, Jennie and I spotted it at a somewhat reasonable price at Meijer. Today we returned to to some more grocery shopping and check to see whether the guitar was still there.

After getting the groceries, Keisha and I went over to look at board games while Jennie picked out a birthday card for her. We wound up getting Clue and math game called 4-Way.

I sent Jennie and Keisha to go pick up some beer, which we had "forgotten". It was really a diversionary tactic to allow me to go get the guitar without Keisha seeing me. We agreed to meet by the checkout lanes.

I got a student guitar, a strap, some picks, extra strings, and an instruction booklet with a CD. Then I went to the U-Scan checkout and paid for the stuff.

I guess it was because I had to wait to use the U-Scan for some time that Jennie and Keisha spotted me. Keisha inevitably saw the guitar. I put the guitar stuff in the truck, hiding it with some camp chairs, and then I returned.

When I found Keisha and Jennie, Keisha asked me where the guitar was. I told her that I didn't have the cash now to pay for it. Obviously, since I'd just paid for it. It was another diversionary tactic. She was disappointed, but we'd talked about it earlier in the week, so she was able to deal with it.

We got home, brought our groceries inside, and realized that we didn't get some waffles, which Keisha had wanted for her birthday breakfast. Seeing an opportunity to get the guitar stuff out of the trunk, Jennie told Keisha that they would head back out to get them. Before they left, I decided to take our dog Jake outside, and I got the guitar stuff out, went around the building, and waited for them to leave.

After sufficient time had passed, Jake and I, guitar stuff in hand, went inside. I took the guitar out, tuned it, and played a few chords on it. I stowed it under our bed before the ladies returned.

Kong Balls

I'd first heard about Kong balls on the Bob and Tom Show. When we went to Jungle Jim's last week, we bought one for Jake. We put some peanut butter in it last week, and he just loved it.

When Keisha and Jennie returned from their small errand this evening, they had bought some "Scooby Snacks". What a great opportunity, I thought, to use the Kong ball! I broke two of them in half, and I put them in the Kong ball. Then I rolled it over to Jake.

He was preoccupied with it for about 20 minutes, and I think he's now taking a break out of frustration.

No comments: