Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Coffee Mugs in the Men's Room

At work we don't have a sink in our break room to clean out dishes and coffee mugs. Most people just take their stuff to the rest rooms and clean them out there. It appears that someone in our office has a habit of leaving coffee mugs in the men's room, however:

Several months ago I found one that had been sitting there for a few weeks. I decided to claim it. I washed it out and have been using it ever since.

Two weeks ago, I noticed other cups had appeared. Someone had cleaned three of them because they were turned over. Yet no one took them back to the break room.

Then, a few days later, I spotted another cup in the men's room. This one had obviously been left by someone who wanted it to soak. It's the same situation in which I was able to get my current coffee mug.

I've decided to place post-it notes on the cups with the inscription, "I miss my owner", on them. We'll see if anyone comes to claim them.

Of course, the simplest thing to do would be to bring it up at our weekly staff meeting. I like this way better, though. It adds more drama and "excitement". And I've often not been one to do things the simplest way. At least at first.

2 comments:

Margaret said...

now that sounds like the makings of a country music song if I ever heard one before!

Daniel said...

They are still there!