Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Aunt Nominated for Award

Listening to: The Vanished Man, by Jeffrey Deaver (on cassette)
Watching:Dodgeball and Daredevil


Mom forwarded me this e-mail about my aunt, her younger sister:

Your little sister has been nominated for the Florence Nightengale Nursing Excellence Award, given yearly to 2 nurses in Cincinnati from the University of Cincinnati School of Nursing.

I also was nominated for an award by the clinic that I work near for the "Residential Services" award, given to an agency or individual who has furthered the health of the community residents.

I don't think I won the Florence Nightengale award since one of our Parish Nurses won last year, and I don't know anything about the other one, but it was an honor to be nominated either way.

I'm also moving forward with my community health worker program that I've been trying to get off the ground for 5 years. My boss has taken up my cause with the higherups and she snuck me a note with some really good news today.
11 April 2005 Update:Mom posted some more encouraging words: read "My Sister, Mary"

No comments: