Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Definitely MY Daughter!

Here's the news:

On Track To Move

On Monday I posted about our Potential Moving Derailment.

Yesterday my wife called to tell me she got the job in Cincinnati (Cincinnati Interview - Ready, Set, Go). Last night she handed in her resignation notice, in which Monday, March 21st, will be her last day.

We had hoped to receive an offer letter in the mail, but the woman from the hospital who called mentioned that the nurse in charge of doing that had been so busy that she hadn't typed something up.

(Aside: the lady who called asked Jennie if I was in broadcasting or something like that, because of how the outgoing message on our answering machine sounds. I could be in radio, dontcha know!)

Jennie's first day is April 4th. Night, really, since she's working 3rd shift.

We still need to find an apartment, and yesterday Jennie made a couple of appointments this Saturday for us to look at some places.

I've been concerned about my job here, but my boss yesterday said that they could work things out, if need be, for me to do some development work at home and not have to drive up here every day. We'll see.

Definitely MY Daughter!

I love making Keisha laugh, and I can tell that she's picked up my sense of humor. Last night we went to the library for a little while to return some items. After that, we drove to the gas station so that I could pay through the nose to fill the tank up halfway.

Whenever we are in the car - just the two of us - we're always kidding around with each other. For example, Keisha started making scary faces at me, and I would glance over at her and scream out as though I was scared. That would make her laugh, and, of course, egg her on.

After I'd finished paying through the nose at the pump, I climbed back in with my back to Keisha. I'd put on a silly face to surprise Keisha, but, when I turned toward her, she had a silly face of her own to show me!! We both laughed at each other.

Another thing I love to do to make Keisha laugh is some slapstick - a la Buster Keaton or Johnny Depp's character Sam in Benny and Joon.

As we started toward the steps of our apartment building, I pretended that one of my legs kept wanting me to turn around and go the other direction. I had Keisha laughing so hard she nearly wet herself!

Guitar Man

I've been going through the songbook we use at church to learn to play the chords on my guitar. I've especially wanted to learn the songs we sing in Kid's Kingdom. Thankfully, most western music is based on a three-chord progression, and this has been the case for most children's music.

Sometimes I get lucky and there are only two chords used; the root and the dominant fifth. In rare occasions, I only need one chord.

It's been fun, though, to play these songs at home. Last night Keisha and I sang a few before she went to bed.

No comments: