Thursday, March 03, 2005

Earworms - Music Stuck Inside

At 43 Folders, Merlin writes:

I can’t stop listening to a Kelly Clarkson song (yes, that Kelly Clarkson. Shut up!). What are your worst, lifelong earworms? What songs have demanded to be played over and over to the point of madness?
I've explored this topic once before (see "Music in My Mind", from February 2003). I added my comments:
Ever since I saw the Grammys recently, I've had "Across the Universe" going through my head. I've since gotten a hold of a couple different copies of it - from the "I Am Sam" soundtrack and "Let It Be - Naked".

Moreover, I found the guitar chords and am learning to play it, so I'm sure it will be with me for quite some time.

The same is true for Pink Floyd's "Wish You Were Here" and Johnny Cash's "Hurt". I'm learning both of them on the guitar, so they're always fresh in my mind.

But now that you mention it, I'VE got that Kelly Clarkson song in MY head!!! How ironic, considering that the song is entitled "Since You've Been Gone".




No comments: