Saturday, January 17, 2004

The Passion of Christ

There is an interesting discussion about Mel Gibson's upcoming movie, "The Passion of Christ" at Josh Claybourn's Domain. Here are my comments:

I saw the trailer on one of the entertainment news shows. It looks to be pretty powerful.

I agree with others that most theatrical depictions of the suffering Jesus went through don't do what really happened justice.

I've often held that, for it to be anywhere close to the real thing, it would almost have to be close to a "snuff film". I keep thinking about Isaiah 52:14, for example:
Just as there were many who were appalled at him -
his appearance was so disfigured beyond that of any man and his form marred beyond human likeness
Hopefully this version will be much closer to what really happened. I remember some particularly graphic scenes in "Braveheart", for example.

Let me know what you think!

No comments: