Saturday, January 03, 2004

How We Spent Our New Year's Eve

Jennie, Keisha, and I made some homemade banana splits, played "Go Fish" together, and went to sleep. Jennie and I watched one of my all-time favorite movies, Regarding Henry. Nothing really big, I suppose. At midnight, we heard the sounds of gunshots (Jennie and I think that's what they were) around the apt complex. I guess that was some other people's way of celebrating. whatever happened to banging pots and pans, huh?

That reminds me of the scene in the Brad Pitt/Julia Roberts movie The Mexican, in which Brad Pitt's character, Jerry, is in Mexico trying to get this other guy into his car. All around them these guys are shooting their guns in the air celebrating some festival. The guy Jerry is trying to help gets shot and killed by one of the bullets on its way back down.

Jennie and I are glad we stayed home.