Wednesday, January 07, 2004

Great Stuff from Curt

Curt, one of the contributors to Get That Job!, recently wrote:

When you're exploring passion's potential, one of the keys is capturing the ideas and inspirations as they come. Ever had that flash of brilliance, only to have it fade into nothing because you didn't write it down?
I emailed him a reply:
Last year I began to use a pocket-sized notebook solely for collecting quotations that I would later add to my QuotesBlog. I found that really successful, except for the latter part of the year when all hell broke loose in our family.

I also have a Franklin Day Planner and a couple of hard-copy journals. The only issue I have with them is that I can type about as fast as the ideas come, so the blog becomes a better way to capture idea-gems. My handwriting isn't that fast, and lately I've noticed that I've let some great ideas fly away because I was too lazy to write them down. That is something I want to change.
He also has an intriguing post that talks about River People and Goal People. I, too, have seen myself more as a River Person of late.

In addition, there is a great link on his blog to something near to my heart: How to Quit Your Job to Write Full-Time.

No comments: