Saturday, September 13, 2003

Practical Joking

Last night, before we went to bed, Jennie and I decided to play a little practical joke on my mom and Keisha. Keisha had gotten a fake, plastic bug that resembles a cockroach. Jennie said we could put it on top of the coffee can inside the freezer, so that when Mom would reach for the coffee in the morning, she'd flip out.

This morning, she was surprised, but only for a little bit. She noticed how it was conveniently placed on top of the coffee can -- too staged. She initially thought it was Keisha and my idea, but then I took the coffee can, with bug on top, out to the living room to show Keisha.

Keisha was the one who actually flipped out. I made the can jump so that the "bug" could jump off the can onto the living room couch where Keisha sat. Let's just say that Keisha did not like it. That is an understatement. When I picked it up to show her it was fake, she got angry at me, saying that I'd killed it and it was frozen.

Jennie told her that it would thaw out. Keisha needs a little bit of time to thaw out, too. She's having a hard time thinking the whole thing is funny, which actually makes me chuckle more inside. :)

No comments: