Sunday, September 07, 2003

I Really Don't Know What To Say

I got home from work about a half hour ago. I'm really tired, and yet I'll be getting up in less than 8 hours to head off to church briefly and then to work again. I'll be working from 10:30 AM til closing time. I don't know why I offered to take the other bartender's hours; maybe it was because I didn't have many hours this week. I just don't know how I'm going to make it the entire day.

After about a half hour at work today, a few of us were called to serve at a banquet that took place at the US Air Force Museum. Apparently five of the temporary banquet workers just walked off the job. So I got to be a banquet person for most of the evening.

Then, as I took a short break, I and another woman realized that the woman who'd taken us from the hotel to the museum had already left. I didn't like that at all. I felt abandoned. Nevertheless, I wound up heading back with some of the guys transporting the banquet supplies. This was at about 9:30 PM.

I could have just gone home then. When I returned to the bar at the restaurant, it was crazy. People were all crowded around the bar and many were sitting in tables; we were getting slammed. Two of the servers were behind the bar with the other bartender making drinks and getting into each other's way.

I wished I could have gone home then. It was so distracting, and I secretly wished for about half the people to leave. I don't think we were equipped to handle a crowd that size.

Anyhow, it's over for now. It's good to be home.

No comments: