Sunday, September 28, 2003

From Wired to Tired

So, here I am. It's about 4:15 AM EDT. I've been home from work for about 45 minutes, and Jennie gets up for work in about 45 minutes. This usually happens when I close the bar. Tonight was no exception.

Actually, tonight wasn't that bad, in terms of its hectic-ness. We did a bunch of liquor sales, but they mostly consisted of highball-type drinks (e.g., gin and tonic, bourbon and coke, etc.) that were easy to make. I had to shoo people out of the bar at about ten 'til 2 so that I could finish cleaning and closing down.

After I left, I stopped at the convenience store and bought a quart of double chocolate milk. Then I drove to the Taco Bell and gave the drive-thru attendant a hard time.

"Have I reached the border?" I asked.

"You've reached Taco Bell," he replied.

I noticed the sign said, "Think outside the bun." So I said, "I'm thinking outside the bun tonight." Then I placed my order, letting the attendant know I was just kidding.

"Don't spit in my food, okay?" I said.

"It's too late," he replied jokingly.
After getting my food, I continued the drive home.

I've noticed that my most creative moments happen during this time, but unfortunately, I'm not able to record them. A lot of the ideas revolve around fictional crime scenes, ideas for potential stories, and the like.

So I came home, sat down at the computer, and played solitaire, minesweeper, and freecell. Then I decided to connect to the 'net.

No comments: