Friday, April 11, 2003

That's What Happens When It's Spring!

This afternoon I noticed that the tulips we never planted are popping up in various parts of our yard, and they are in bloom. In the morning the sun shines on the front of our house, and I noticed that the bulbs have bent to face the sun. In the afternoon, the sun shines mostly in the backyard, and the bulbs back there have bent toward the sun.

Keisha and I, after picking up Jennie from her last day of Nurse's Aide training, took our dog Jake to a local park to play. We spent time on the swings, kicking a ball around on the tennis court, going down the slide. My favorite part of it was when she was chasing me around the playground.

After we walked home, I started up the grill, since Jennie was getting some chicken ready. While waiting for dinner to get ready, I brought out the lawn mower and cut the grass in the front and backyard for the first time this year, getting my new white gym shoes green around the bottom. I then noticed that the flowers had closed back up for the evening. I bet they'll open up tomorrow when the sun shines again.

No comments: