Tuesday, April 15, 2003

Stranger -- Strange, Indeed



I just spoke with someone representing this company who came to our property to anonymously (covertly?) get information about our house. I spotted this individual in a car that was stopped across the street from our house. We live in a cul de sac, so it's pretty easy to spot strangers in the area.

Sensitive as I've been ever since we had our car and house burglarized, I approached this individual. This individual was hired to collect some information about a house on our street. "Which one?" I asked. This person pointed to our house, a bit reluctantly.

"All I can say is that I'm collecting some information that will ultimately be given to someone with whom you're related to financially," this individual said.

"What kind of information?" I asked.

"Just an updated picture, among other things."

"To verify that the property is being occupied, for example," I added.

I took the dog for a walk, as this individual drove to the end of our cul de sac, turned around, parked for a little while, and then began to head out. I approached the vehicle and asked this individual, "How does someone get a job like yours? Seriously. I'm unemployed and looking for work."

"Well, I don't know. I'm doing this leg work for my parents. I don't know if you have to be a realtor or something like that. Maybe you could check out the website. I don't have it here with me," this individual replied.

"Yes, you do," I corrected. "It's on the paper you're working from." This individual didn't notice that I'd examined his paper from before, I guess. The individual showed me the sheet, and that is how I got the domain name.

"Yeah," the individual said, "I guess you could check things out there."

"Will do," I answered.

Interesting...

No comments: