Wednesday, April 12, 2006

I Am a Glutton for Punishment

Mood: tired and a bit nauseous
Reading: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, with Keisha
Eating: Buffalo Wild Wings


Last night for dinner we went back to Buffalo Wild Wings, and I ordered my usual dozen Blazin' wings. We also order a dozen Spicy Garlic, and Jennie usually orders either BBQ or Hot for herself. We also get some celery and either blue cheese or ranch dressing. Keisha gets whatever she wants.

Jennie and I each got a 23-ounce Miller Lite and a glass of ice water. I think the beer is designed to lubricate the digestive system - at least I'd like to think that.

But the Blazin' wings are the restaurants hottest flavor. When I first ordered them a few weeks ago, I thought it was a good challenge for me. And it turned out that they weren't that bad.

These past two times, however, were not as good. Maybe someone else was doing the sauces or something, but these babies were very hot. It got to the point where tears were coming out of my eyes. Last night, though, it was because the sauce was hurting my lips.

I kept plugging through it all, not wanting to waste my food. Thankfully, the beer, water, celery, and dressing were there.

Yet, what I've also found is that the pain doesn't stop after eating. Nope, nature has to take its course, and by that I mean, if it's painful going in, it's bound to be painful coming back out. If you know what I mean.

Why do I put myself through this? I guess it's got something to do with pride, manliness, or something like that.

No comments: