Monday, April 24, 2006

Another Great Weekend Has Past

Mood: alert
Listening to: Buckeye Drive Time #61
Reading: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (chapter 15) - it's getting really good
Eating: Snicker's bar and Monster energy drink


We had a great weekend. On Saturday, after Jennie came home from work, we all drove north to Dayton for a baby shower for a friend. I drove because I knew Jennie would be tired from working the night before.

While the women were baby showering, Keisha and I went with my friend Chris and his boys to the local pond at Lincoln Park to do some fishing. It was the first time I'd been fishing in several years, but I fortunately remembered how to tie the hook onto the fishing line. We had a couple of bites but didn't catch anything.

We returned to Cincinnati and bought a copy of the Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe, with some money Mom had sent Keisha for Easter. Then we went home, and Jennie went to bed. We later watched "Blast from the Past" on ABCFamily, and, later on we watched the DVD we'd bought earlier.

On Sunday we went to church and realized that it was our second to last week of our rotation. We made plans for next week, which will be really fun.

After church, we went to the local Fricker's for some hot wings, and then we returned home so that Jennie could go to bed. Keisha and I took Jake for a walk; actually, she rode her scooter while I walked Jake.

When we came home, we turned on ABCFamily and saw that Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets was on. I've been reading the Harry Potter books to Keisha, and I used the movie to help me with voice characterization as I read.

One scene of the movie involves Harry and Ron escaping giant spiders in the Forbidden Forest via a magical car. They are able to get it flying up, over the trees, and that's when Keisha cried out, "Now THAT'S what I'M talkin' about!"

One of the other things Keisha thought was great was just when Ron and Harry are entering the forest. Ron, who is afraid of spiders, exclaims, "Why spiders? Why couldn't Hagrid have said to follow the butterflies?" Keisha cracked up laughing at that remark.

No comments: