Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Season Finale Wednesday

I love season finales. I hate them, too.

Tonight I watched the season finales of 'Lost' and 'Alias', two hit dramas on ABC created by J.J. Abrams and company.

I love season finales because they reveal a lot of plot information I've been longing for throughout the season. At the same time, I hate them because of the cliffhangers and the long waiting period before I'll get to see what happens next.

SPOILER ALERT!

J.J. Abrams and company do an excellent job with this. There I was, excited that a boat had come to rescue the group of "Lost" survivors, only to find that they wanted young Walt and blew up the raft his dad and the other three men were on! Similarly, after all the hubub going on with "Alias", the Rambaldi stuff - Sydney and Vaughn are driving along, contemplating getting married. Vaughn tells Syd that he's really a bad guy, and, before she, and we, get a chance to digest this - BAM! they're in a terrible car accident!

1 comment:

Margaret said...

Ever since the famous Dallas cliffhanger I just try not to get caught up in them anymore; however they usually are interesting and then we spend time all summer wondering what will happen next season.
But, when you get as old as me by the time the fall season arrives you forget where most of it was anyway!