Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Rules for Household Living

I first obtained this list when I was in college. At the time I had four other roommates. Now that I've been married, it applies to how I live with my wife and daughter. The cat and dog, too, perhaps:

Based on 1 Corinthians 13:4-8

  1. I am patient with you because I love you and want to forgive you.
  2. I am kind to you because I love you and want to help you.
  3. I do not envy your possessions or gifts because I love you and want you to have the very best!
  4. I do not boast about my attainments because I love you and want to hear about yours!
  5. I am not proud because I love you and want to esteem you before myself.
  6. I am not rude because I love you and care about your feelings.
  7. I am not self-seeking because I love you and want to meet your needs.
  8. I am not easily angered by you because I love you and want to overlook your offenses.
  9. I don't keep a record of your wrongs because I love you and "Love covers a multitude of sins".
Above all, love each other deeply - 1 Peter 4:8

No comments: