Monday, May 09, 2005

Another Manic Monday

Mood: hungry
Listening to: K-LOVE


Mondays at my company are always hectic because that's when payroll processing begins. What makes it challenging for me, as a programmer, is that I have to be available to troubleshoot problems with applications I've written that are used to automate payroll entry into our system.

In most cases, it just takes less than an hour to diagnose and fix the problem. Today, however, is different. We have one client who has decided to change things around on the file they've sent us:

I made the changes to the application, but the business was not ready to handle the exception messages. This new layout has uncovered mistakes that client has made, as well as mistakes made on our (the business's) end.

My job is not to necessarily tell the business how to handle these; it's really just to interpret it for them.

At the same time, I'm trying to finish testing another application for a client who will be sending their payroll within the next few hours.

1 comment:

Lara said...

God, I hate Mondays. And Tuesdays. And Wednesdays, Thursdays, and sometimes Fridays.

Hmmm...those are all days that I am locked in my office.

Coincidence?

AMG