Monday, September 02, 2002

Many, Many Reasons To Blog

There are so many reasons for people to blog, that is, to keep a weblog or webjournal. I plan to make this posting category a recurrent one, or continue editing it until I'm satisfied with the list. The idea is to present a reason followed by links to at least one blog as an example. In either case, you'll want to stay tuned. Also, if you have any ideas you'd like to contribute, then include them in your comments.

  1. SuperSonics: A place for teachers to add and students to check homework assignments for the day.
  2. Streams of Consciousness, Topics, 600 Seconds, WriteThis: An outlet for creative writing.
  3. "Blogging can be edifying and gratifying. It [elicits] deeper thought from us than we would have before by introducing us to people with deeper thoughts, if only in areas we don't think much about. It encourages thought and reflection. Blogging adds to the quality of my life. That's why I do it." -- Chase
  4. Bene Diction's answer:
    I blog to help other bloggers. I blog to relax and just be myself. Being a professional writer had/has major drawbacks along with the benefits.

    Blogging makes different demands on me than broadcasting.

    I blog for fun. I blog to give a hand up to others learning to write and think better. I blog to bridge worlds.

    Blogging isn't a complicated thing for me. Less angst than professional work. Blog on!
  5. Yet some more reasons to blog.

No comments: