Friday, August 09, 2002

Specialization - The Key to More Readers?

I am forming an opinion about blogging, based on my experience with it so far. Maybe your comments will help me. Now, I cannot guarantee that anything I type henceforth in this post will be grammatically correct or will even make any sense at all. Get ready for some stream-of-consciousness:

It seems that those blogs centered around a particular theme get more traffic. I am talking about those blogs that are about technology, cooking, help with blogger's block, creative writing, quotations, job hunting, and so on. Someone who wants to read about technology has a better chance of finding something in a blog that is more techology-based, for example.

Yet I also find it useful to read blogs that tend to be of a more personal nature. For example, I may never get to meet Mike Zellers in person (although I'd like to, someday), but I can discern a lot about him from reading his blog.

I recently created a weblog about the job hunting process, called "Get That Job!". I have set it up so that other people can contribute content. Actually, I am eager for others to sign up as regular contributors or occasional contributors. So let me know if you are interested!

The links to writing posts, etc., are getting dusty, and I am considering creating another blog for just my own creative writing and moving the creative writing posts from this blog to the new one.

What do you think?

Update: I did it. In fact it's called Streams of Consciousness.

No comments: