Friday, August 16, 2002

Frosting the Cake

courtesy of DB via email

Thursday night my youngest daughter Stevie and I made a cake, and I told her we would frost it the next day.

Well Friday was a busy day, so I again told her we would try to frost it on Saturday (it was covered up to stay fresh).

Well Saturday morning I was having a really hard day emotionally. So I was in my room crying, and she comes in there. I told her I was having a hard day, and she said very firmly, "Mom, are we going to frost my cake?"

I tried to explain to her again that I needed a time-out, and we would frost the cake later. Again she said, "Mom, I want to frost my cake."

So the moral of the story is: If you think that your life is bad, remember that there might be a child out there that needs a cake frosted.

I hope you enjoy this story as much as I have in living it.

No comments: