Monday, August 26, 2002

The 'Ooseum'

My wife Jennie started her new job today as a food service worker at the University of Dayton campus. It's different in that I am still at home with my daughter Keisha, until she goes back to school next week. Here's how our day went:

Today we went to the Boonshoft Discovery Museum, which my daughter calls "The Ooseum". So from 10 to 3 today I ran around with her at the museum. It was a great experience, and both of us had a great time.

After we left and were driving home, I told Keisha that we did a lot today and asked her what she liked the best. She could not remember it all. I wasn't surprised. It's hard for me to remember everything we did. But I related to her some of the exhibits we saw, and I could tell that she really enjoyed the time we spent together.

What makes this even more special is that it's Keisha and I spending the time together this time. Previously when I was working full time, Jennie and Keisha would do 'fun stuff' like going to the "ooseum". So, for the past five years of Keisha's life, she and Jennie have gotten very close because of all the time they spent together. I like the current situation in that Keisha and I are now growing much closer.

She is, after all, in my own unbiased opinion, an awesome kid!

No comments: