Tuesday, March 19, 2002

Ronald McDonald Comes to Our House, Part 1

Tonight we went through the drive thru at McDonald's, and Keisha saw a picture of Ronald McDonald. This prompted her to say that she wants him to "come to my house." This is what she typically says when she sees someone that she likes. Below is an excerpt of the conversation that followed. By the way, she's four years old.

Daddy: Where would he stay?

Keisha: In my room.

Daddy: Where would he sleep?

Keisha: On my bed. I'd sleep on the floor.

Daddy: Oh. Who's toothbrush would he use?

Keisha: My pink one that I don't use anymore.

Daddy: What food does he like to eat?

Keisha: He like hamburgers.

Daddy: Really? Does he like broccoli?

Keisha: Yeah.

Daddy: Cauliflower?

Keisha: No. He likes broccoli.

Daddy: Peas? Carrots?

Keisha: No. He likes broccoli!

Daddy: What kind of music does he like to listen to?

Keisha: "Jingle Bells"

Daddy: Really? What kind of movies does he like to watch?

Keisha: He'll watch Barney with me. And he can play on the 'puter (computer) with me.

Daddy: Oh. I see.

--- to be continued ---