Wednesday, March 27, 2002

One More Angel In Heaven

"Precious in the sight of the Lord
is the death of his saints. " - Psalm 116:15 (NIV)

I know I'm supposed to be happy when a faithful disciple of Jesus dies because that person is going to heaven, but this article saddens me especially because this woman belonged to our church, and her husband used to as well. Now because of these circumstances, their three children are thrust into the world without there mommy or daddy around. I often struggle with thoughts of what her last moments must have been like. It causes chills to run up and down my spine.

I am grateful for my marriage to Jennie and for having other people involved in our lives to help us. I believe that God is in control and will work this situation out for his glory. Nevertheless, I cannot hide how I feel about the circumstances surrounding my sister-in-Christ's death.