Thursday, March 14, 2002

Meeting the President

Last night I had an interesting dream:

It all started when I was on my way to school, and I didn't have a shirt to wear. I was bare-chested. I felt self-conscious, but since I was running a little late, I couldn't go back home to get a shirt. I saw some guys playing basketball and went over to one of them. He suggested I ask one of the guys who was playing if he had an extra shirt. I did.

Then... almost immediately... the scene changed (and so does the tense).

I'm in this meeting facility and have just heard that the President of the United States is on his way to give a speech at this particular facility. I am excited. After some time, I hear a helicopter. I run to the front window and notice some Secret Service men walking toward the building. I also see some important dignitaries getting off the helicopter.

A receiving line begins to form outside in front of the entrance, and I join it. After a little while, the President steps out of the helicopter. But wait a minute! No, it's not George W. Bush, the current US President. It's Ronald Reagan, looking in great health, too!

He proceeds toward the receiving line and greets everyone. He even shakes my hand! I am so blown away to have shaken the hand of the President of the United States.

And then... the dream ends.

No comments: