Sunday, August 27, 2006

Overnight Power Outage - Again

Mood: sleepy
Listening to: Jennie and Keisha talking about Keisha's dreams last night
Reading: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Book 5)
Eating: nothing yet (but coffee's brewing, yay)


Power went out again last night. This time to the whole complex, it seemed. I woke up at about 4:15 AM because it was feeling stuffy. I noticed everything was off. So I grabbed my cell phone and used the light from it as a flashlight, since one was not readily available.

I went to the kitchen and checked the circuit breakers, but they were okay. So I found our telephone book and called Duke Energy to report the power outage. Someone else had already called, so my report was maybe the 2nd one. I opened all the windows and went back to bed - or at least tried to fall back to sleep.

Then, at about 4:50 AM, the fans came back on, and I got up and closed the windows again and turned the air back on.

No comments: