Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Home Fry Speed Demons Unite!

Mood: charged
Listening to: Accident Hash #168
Eating: Sunrise Sun Chips


So C.C. Chapman, the host of the music podcast "Accident Hash" played a comment from a listener who got a speeding ticket while listening to the show. C.C. put the call out for listeners to chime in with their speed-inducing songs. I'm cross-posting my comments to his show post here:

Re: the comment about speeding from listening to music...

In the early '90s "Stigmata" and "Burning Inside" by Ministry would do it for me. That and "Head Like A Hole" by Nine Inch Nails.

Nowadays, it's songs by [munk], Danko Jones, "Lying in Wait" by Uncrowned (had to be careful when listening to "INFECTION", natch). I think De La Vega also does it for me.

We may need to create a support group for people in situations like this. "Home Fry Speed Demons Anonymous"?

Dan: "Hi, I'm Dan, and I'm a Home Fry Speed Demon."
HFSDA Group: "Hi Dan!"
...
Someone should buy homefryspeeddemons.com and redirect it to accidenthash.com.

Update: I recorded some audio and submitted it to C.C. - I might put it here later or even play it on the JIMM.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love it!

Yeah Uncrowned is extremely dangerous and don't even get me going on the power of Munk to make you speed!

That's why I put together the little "Summertime Speedtraps" because these are all songs that are dangerous for you.

You totally have to record your little admission for me to run on the show!