Friday, January 27, 2006

Orthopedic surgeon and Podcast Updates

Mood:tired
Listening to: fan in our apartment
Reading: Harry Potter and the HBP (beyond chap. 14)
Eating: LaRosa's Baked Buddy and Italian Garden Salad for lunch
Watching: miscellaneous goings on from our living room window


Jennie went with me to the orthopedic surgeon appointment this afternoon:

The doc looked at the MRI results and checked my mobility and reflexes, specifically in my left leg, since that's where it's been affected most.

He showed us where the disc had degenerated and is pushing against a nerve. There's another one near it that also isn't looking that good.

Nevertheless, he didn't feel that surgery was warranted. (whew!) He's ordered some physical therapy: twice a week over the next month, and we'll see how things go from there. As for the pain, etc., he wants me off the Vicodin and on a different muscle relaxer like Naproxen.

So, a big thank you goes out to everyone who has had me in their thoughts and prayers.

Podcasting Update:

I'm feeling very tired right now, and since I just put out the podcast on Monday, I probably won't get to one until over the weekend. Jennie and Keisha have helped me pick out the songs I'm going to play. Maybe we can get some other content to go with it soon.

Speaking of podcasts, you don't need an iPod to listen to them. There are so many ways you can listen, including via CD, when someone has burned them onto one. In keeping with this, Adam Curry, yesterday on his Daily Source Code podcast, provided a 21 second CD Intro for folks to place at the beginning.

Jennie recently bought Keisha a portable CD player, so I've been getting some tracks lined up for a custom CD with some podcasts and podsafe music to put on it. And I'll be putting the Podfather intro on it, to be sure.

No comments: