Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Lumbar Herniated Disc

Hi folks!

I mentioned earlier about the MRI results I was expecting. I called my doctor's office and found out that I have "positive disc rupture".

The way it works is that I had to call the doctor's office number and enter a three-digit code at the prompt. I had thought it was one of those deals where the doctor leaves a recorded message with the test results and further instructions, so I wanted to make sure I had the code right. I wouldn't want to find out I'm pregnant, for example.

I kept wondering why there were two numeric codes given out. Was I making a vote on my diagnosis? Dial *816 for yes, you have a ruptured disc; dial *817 for no.

It turns out that both numbers led to the nurse's station, where I was able to talk with a live human being. That's good. And yes, I'm not pregnant.

I've been told to contact a surgeon in the area to see what the next steps should be. Since his office is closed, I went online and found this article that provides a good description of what's going on.

Lumbar Herniated Disc

No comments: