Wednesday, November 03, 2004

'Read my story from my experience yesterday as a Poll Observer'

Got this from my friend and brother in Christ in Cincinnati:

Hi all,

I participated in yesterday's election as a Poll Observer (aka Challenger &
Witness) and stayed from the Poll Opening to the Poll Close and until the
ballots left the building sealed in their bag with a one use lock with the
serial number recorded (just to assure the courier fulfilled the transfer
without any further handling of the ballots). I've written a blog entry of
the day at the "Command Post", a large web blog environment where grass
roots news is collected and distributed. You can read my story at the
following links:

http://www.command-post.org/2004/2_archives/017080.html

http://www.command-post.org/2004/2_archives/cat_irregularities.html

At the precinct I watched for 14 straight hours over 288 ballots cast; a
record turnout (previously the most was 175). There were lines as long as
30 minutes and the weather was cold and rainy but still the voters kept
coming. Now as our country waits for the tally and results my hope is we
can maintain civil discourse to resolve these matters. Please help to
encourage "cool headed" thought and reason and direct your friends, family
members, and others to participate in this important time if not by means of
this online weblog, than through similar open environments. Please consider
praying on this as well so that our country moves forward united and does
not become embittered and divided.

Regards from Ohio,

Dale

No comments: