Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Where Do You Get Your Ideas?

Time for a true "journey inside my mind"...

Since the beginning of this year I have been bouncing back and forth from Cincinnati - where I live - to Dayton, where I work. That long commute has made me a "captive audience" for a lot of portable, on-demand programming (affectionately known as "podcasts"). I usually listen to music podcasts at work so that I can concentrate on my programming duties, and I like to listen to talk-type programming during the commute.

There are some programs I listen to only because I like to hear the passion in the podcasters' voices. I could care less about the content, and in many ways, I really don't like it at all. What I DO like, however, is the passion and excitement they convey, whether it's from ranting about something that bugs them, or extolling the praises of something they love.

I noticed again on the commute up to work that I'd gotten distracted from the program I was listening and was thinking of my own ideas for things. It's not that the content was boring me; au contraire mon frere! As often is the case, I heard something on one of these programs and it sparked some creativity.

My iRiver has a recorder on it, and I've often recorded my thoughts to capture them for later.

Where are you the most creative?

Related tags: , , , , , , , , ,

No comments: