Saturday, April 21, 2007

Saturday Spring Cleaning and Golf

Saturday was an all-around great day for us. A single mother from church had some serious spring cleaning work that needed to be done, and several of us went to her house and helped her out.

At about 2:15 pm, we left her house and drove to Meadowlinks Golf Course, which is part of Winton Woods here in Cincinnati. We signed Keisha up for some Junior Golf lessons a few weeks ago, and Jennie and I have been taking lessons concurrently.
Last week we practiced pitching and chipping; this week we learned full swings. Next week, we'll learn putting. After next week's lesson, Jennie, Keisha, and I will have a golf scramble on the beginner's course together.

I can easily see why golfing can become an obsession because it looks a lot easier than it is. I have found myself watching golf on TV - something I NEVER was interested in doing when I was younger. I think it could become a healthy obsession that our entire family could enjoy. Yeah, of course it could. If Keisha shows some serious interest and can develop some good skill, she could get a scholarship to go to college.

It's probably just serendipity that one of my all-time favorite family podcasts, "Dancing With Elephants", just did an episode about golfing. They mentioned a couple of books to check out, related to teaching kids golf:




Related tags:

No comments: