Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Second Winter Storm Hits Cincinnati Hard

We're in the middle of a second winter storm. I thought the Groundhog didn't see his shadow, and that meant we're supposed to have an early spring... Anyhow. Cincinnati has seen a lot of freezing rain in the past 24 hours, with temperatures hovering around the freezing mark (32 degrees F, 0 degrees C). Dangerous conditions to be sure, not only from the ice on the roadways, but also ice on tree limbs and power lines. It's actually a bit creepy, hearing the heavy tree limbs brushing against the roof of our apartment building.
Courtyard Trees During Winter Storm, No. 3
As I sit here looking out the window, I see trees encased in ice. In the courtyard behind us sit several large branches that have fallen to the ground, not able to hold the weight of the ice. Power had been flickering on and off throughout the day yesterday and actually went out around 7 PM last night, right after I'd just returned from the store. It was out for several hours and finally came back on in the middle of the night.
Icicles on the Apartment Building
I worked from home yesterday, and it looks like I'll be working from home again today. I know that many of my coworkers are not as fortunate, so my heart goes out to them.
Icing on the Car, No. 1
Related tags:

No comments: