Wednesday, February 28, 2007

FDA Approves Shire's ADHD Drug Vyvanse

I was checking out my Google personalized home page, where I have a feed from Topix.net related to ADHD. I saw this article mentioning the FDA's recent approval of a new drug by Shire to help treat ADHD called Vyvanse.

The article mentions that Shire, the pharmaceutical company, has pushed for FDA approval of Vyvanse because it faces competition from generic versions of Adderall come 2009.

I used to take Adderall and Adderall XR a few years ago, and I found it to help as well as a drug can. I stopped taking it because it got to be too much of a hassle to get the doctor's approval, then the insurance approval. I couldn't believe how much this medicine cost, too. Geez.

I'm still looking for ways to adequately manage my ADHD symptoms, although I often feel like I wouldn't have as much going on if I was taking some medicine for it.

Related tags:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

they finally have a Vyvanse website up. Doesn't have much info yet, and just talks about how Vyvanse can better control ADHD symptoms.