Thursday, December 14, 2006

I am seriously HATING Microsoft Windows Media Player 11

Mood: frustrated

You'd think that a software update would be a good thing. That's what I thought when prompted by Windows Media Player to update to version 11. I did it, and boy, am I regretting that decision. It's become so much more cumbersome to consume podcasts and sync media files with my iRiver. What used to take 5 minutes now takes 15, if I have the patience to wait that long.

So I Googled "how to revert back to Windows Media Player 10" and found this website: http://www.normsoft.com/kb/idx/0/166/article/. I don't have the time to check it out right now, but I'm posting this so that I can return to it later.

Man, Microsoft really bites farts on this one.

Update 5:19 PM EST: As I uninstalled WMP 11 from the Control Panel, it automatically rolled back to version 10. I have yet to see if everything else works better.

Related tags:

No comments: