Wednesday, March 17, 2004

News from a Satellite Outpost

Happy St. Patrick's Day!
Greetings to all readers (casual, first-time, and regular)! Top o' the day to ya! It's St. Patrick's Day, and I'm seeing green. Well, not really. I would love for someone to buy me a pint of Guiness, though.

Wire You Doing That?
I'm at a friend's house, hooking up their new computer and setting up their home network. I just wanted to drop by to say hi.

Fun in Traffic Court
Remind me to share about what happened with my traffic ticket. I went to court instead of simply paying the fine, by the way. More to come later.

That Green Lining in My Wallet
Oh yeah, I should also update about my job. I'm still there, but you should here more of the story.

'Passion'-ate Preview
My friend Bob, who will always be the "Best Man" (he was in my wedding), plans to take me to see "The Passion of the Christ" this Thursday evening. So, look for my thoughts on that soon.

Keeping the 'Fun' in Dysfunctional
We're still in one piece at home. Getting frequent phone calls from the bank now, however; it might have something to do with the negative balance in our account. Keisha is not having as many accidents now, Jennie seems to be hanging in there at her job, and Jake the dog is, well, neurotic as usual. Jake loves the snow, along with just being outside, for that matter. He seems to hop around like a bunny rabbit and loves to roll around in it.

White as, Well, Snow
Speaking of the snow, we got between 4 to 6 inches (10 to 15 cm for my metric friends). We are more than ready for the springtime weather.

Easter Sunday - When Will It Be?
Speaking of which, I read in the newspaper or a book about Easter some time ago why Easter is always on a different date every year. After spring comes (the "vernal equinox"), note when the next full moon occurs. Easter Sunday will be the next Sunday after that.

Use that bit of information to dazzle your friends!

No comments: