Saturday, March 20, 2004

The Difference Between Men and Women, with Algebraic References

In Karen's recent post to "My Life," she mentioned her difficulty with a certain male acquaintance. She also mentions Algebra. I used to think that was a very bad word, actually, until I learned what it was. Below are my comments to her post:

Hi, Karen! It's Dan, one of the above-mentioned "male friends".

Men and women are so different in the ways that they think about things. I've heard that the path across both hemispheres of a woman's brain is like a superhighway, but the same path in a man's brain is like an old dirt path.

About the algebra... that reminds me of the joke about a teacher from the group al-Gebra who possessed weapons of math instruction. (rim shot)

I actually did well in Algebra, but I haven't used it much since I've been out of school. Well, I'm mistaken... I have used it somewhat, but a lot of the advanced stuff I have not used.

No comments: