Friday, February 13, 2004

Stream of Consciousness Blogging at Library

I'm at the library, and they'll be closing in 20 minutes. I've just spent the last 10-15 going through email, and I think I might have a little bit of time to blog here. Bear with me; it's going to come pouring out without much organization: stream of consciousness, if you will:



Struggling for Financial Survival

Our family is struggling to survive, financially. Today we had our phone disconnected again (last time was in December). Some friends from church are helping us pay our water bill so that it doesn't get any further behind. We have electric heating, and the bill for our 2-BR apt is approx. $230 per month. I feel like we're just flushing money out the door with that kind of bill. We may be late with rent again this coming month.

Stress Effect on Mood

Yesterday I went to the therapist. It's been, shall I say, an emotional two weeks? Wednesday night I was so upset and stressed that I opened every single scab on my body - just because.

I'm tempted to feel like such a failure - worthless. I get down on myself so easily and hard.

Giant Paperweight

BTW, the home PC has become a giant paperweight for now. I'm going to have the internet service disconnected. Blogging and email -- web access, will have to happen sporadically as a result.

Searching for Income

We've gone through a lot of papers we've had lying around. Much to throw away and/or destroy (those important papers). We've also found some other important stuff.

We hope to get some substantial money back from our tax returns, which we still need to do. I may look at doing it electronically, based on what the printed info from the IRS says.

We also have some money in a 401(k) accout I have through a former employer. We may decide to liquidate that, and pay the tax penalties - just to have some income around.

Serious Job Stresses

Jennie has been feeling a lot of stress with her job. It appears that there is a serious management crisis there.

I need to get a part-time job; even if to just make some money to help out a bit financially. Something within walking distance, even just during the lunch rush.

Wives' Appreciation Night

Last night at church we had a Wives' Appreciation Night. Nice dinner, soft music, great fellowship. During the evening, wives won prizes. Also, husbands got up to share about their spouses. I sang and played an original song on the guitar for my wife, called "I Love Lovin' You". Let's just say that people were moved by my boldness, heart, etc. I'd warned them that it was going to be a little rough since I'd only been playing since December. It worked, though. Jennie cried.

Crazymaggiemay

Mom's been getting to know herself better on her blog. Check it out.

Pleas for Prayer

Pray for us! Pray that I and the rest of my family doesn't lose hope! Pray that the money will come!

Speaking of which, I've found myself tempted to steal lately -- just the thoughts of doing it. Envious, too, of those who have better things than we do.

Those are some other things I need to have prayer for.

I guess that's all for now.

No comments: