Wednesday, February 18, 2004

Job Seeker Class: Reflections

I'm at a computer kiosk at Sinclair Community College. The Job Seeker's class I'd been taking had its last session today. Generally speaking, that experience has provided me with the desire to set some goals. I have not been one to do that. In interviews, when asked about my career plans and goals, I've often said that I haven't really made any clear plans, given the uncertainty in the working environment these days. It was a cop-out. I admit it.

I have a hard time focusing on what is really important. Also, I tend to think in abstract generalities and have difficulty getting to the concrete specifics. I think sometimes I just need to have someone get up in my face and tell me what I should do!

Actually, that was what one of our friends did last week. She apologized if she came across as prying too much, and then she told me exactly what she thought about our family's life situation.

Yesterday I cancelled the internet service we'd had at home. The computer's broke, and we only really used it to connect to the internet anyway. Perhaps if/when we get the computer working again...

No comments: