Thursday, February 26, 2004

News from Life's Battlefield

Here's the latest news from the battlefield of my life:

Interview

Interview went well. Attending orientation yesterday afternoon. A lot has changed in the last 10 years or so in how the company operates. I've particularly noticed how much things have been standardized.

Reconnected

We got the phone turned back on late last week (for more info, read "Struggling for Financial Survival"); I updated the outgoing message to say, "you've reached the NEW AND IMPROVED home", and so on. I also added "Thanks again for calling, and make it a great day!" (I'm sure that our creditors will be glad to hear it.)

Red Light District

In other news, on the way to a men's meeting at church on Tuesday evening, I received a traffic ticket for running a red light. After getting the citation from the police officer, I had half a mind to turn around and return home. I'm glad I didn't; being around other spiritual men helped me to get a better perspective and deal with my emotions. I do plan to head to court next week to contest the ticket. We'll see what happens.

Bladder Control and Self-Image

Keisha has been having a lot of wetting accidents at school. She's been taking medicine for bladder spasms, but it does not seem to taking care of the problem. Yesterday afternoon she had another accident, and nearly all of the other kids in the classroom laughed at her.

In terms of academic aptitude, I would have to say that Keisha is near the head of her class. So much so that the other kids like to hang around her to see how she does things. Yet it's hard when she loses control of her bladder.

She came home yesterday and drew a picture of herself. The face in the picture had tears.

More to come later. My time on the computer at the library is up for now.

No comments: