Wednesday, February 13, 2002

Watching Paint Dry

Not everything I've done in my life compares to watching paint dry, but I participated in something today that ranks right up there with it. This morning I was part of a group that upgraded our work PCs to a customized version of Windows XP. The installation process took about an hour and a half. That the company I'm working for had set this up as an automated process probably kept it from taking longer. But backing up everything, installing other applications I work with, and bringing the backed-up data after the installation made entire process take about 4 hours.

So, you wanna know how I passed the time? That's right. You've guessed. I played pinball on my laptop that I obtained from the consulting company I work for. I'm actually getting pretty good at it. My highest score so far is over 5 million points.Update: In case you haven't realized, this is sign of geekiness

I know... this doesn't have much to do with the price of tea in China, but hey! - it's a lot better than watching paint dry.

No comments: