Monday, February 11, 2002

OK, But Not That Much!

In my previous post, I mentioned that I like pizza - that it is my favorite food. Well, I don't like it quite as much as this woman apparently did:

Kimberly Herricks, 36, a manager for Donato's Pizza, Lakewood, Ohio, was indicted in December for stealing $38,000 from the company, an amount that included the value of 400 decaying pizzas found in her garage. According to police, she had invented big call-in orders at her store for schools, hospitals, etc., just to get her store's sales figures up and her name in the company newsletter. She would then adjust the books to cover the costs and deliver the pizzas, herself, to her own garage. She was busted when she asked her boss (the owner) to help her move to a new house, and he discovered the rotting pizzas. [Plain Dealer, 12-4-01]

6/8/2003 Update: I updated the link to the post.

No comments: