Thursday, February 14, 2002

More Small Talk: Work Question of the Day

In response to GB's earlier message, LC wrote:

Wow. I feel depressed just reading that.

I was planning on working outside on my car's radiator
hoses, getting dirty, freezing my arms and fingers
off, skinning my knuckles on the engine whenever my
hands slip off the wrench or I snap the head off
another bolt (I've snapped 3 bolts off already.) Then
I will get changed and go to work for six hours. Then
I will come home and work on two homework assignments
that I have already spent four hours on that are due
tomorrow and I doubt that I can complete.

But after all that, such a long and difficult day, I
will come home and give my girlfriend a call and talk
to my sweet, because it's Valentines Day. What a
special day this is for both of us. Oh, wait, I don't
have a girlfriend. Before I crash for the night, I
will probably eat some oatmeal and some shredded wheat
straight from the box 'cause I don't have any milk,
and wash it down with some water. I will be so tired
that I will go to sleep without brushing my teeth.
Then I will fall asleep because it's two in the
morning.

That is my plan for Valentines day.

- LC

No comments: